Select dementia and Alzheimer's Care
Everyone’s journey with dementia is different and not everything you hear about it will happen to you or the person you love. Like any journey, you can take different routes to get where you want to be, but when you are living with dementia, getting there is not always easy.
People with dementia tend to experience problems with their mental ability and memory, which can affect their behaviour. Dementia can reduce a person’s ability to carry out everyday tasks, such getting dressed, washing, cooking or cleaning. They may forget to do things, repeat tasks they have already completed, or do them at an unusual time or in a different way.
We understand this can be frustrating and upsetting for both the person living with dementia and their family members.
Select My Carer can match specialist carers to anyone with dementia giving peace of mind to their loved ones. Helping get the support on both a practical and emotional level, such as:
- Getting to know you as a person, understanding life stories and meeting family and friends
- 24-hour personal care
- Help around the home
- Companionship and accompanying visits, activities and appointments as appropriate
- Time out for family members in a caring role
- Working alongside other medical professionals and partners as appropriate
- Information, advice and guidance
- Community support for people with dementia and their family members